Friday, September 20, 2013

Makeover Night Stands

I wanted to share with you a custom paint job and I have to say it was so much fun to change up these dull, dark brown night stands. I used two of Le Craie Maison Blanche colors, Franciscan Grey and Sliver Mink. These colors complement each other beautifully. I didn't take a before picture, but trust me when I say these were boring dark brown pieces.

The Sliver Mink I added onto the drawers and the Franciscan Grey to the top, sides and bottom of this lovely piece.
I distressed the drawers and every groove on these pieces. 
I didn't replace the handles and once I painted them I gave them a light distress. 
Some more distress goodness

I don't have a favorite paint brand and I chose a paint based on the color. I have used ASCP, Le Craie Maison Blanche, and homemade chalk paint. I love them all and I recommended any of these wonderful brands. However I also plan on using Miss Mustard Seed, Sweet Pickin milk paints, and American Paint Company. But these products are not available to me locally and I would have to order them online. I am a very visual person and I'm not sure about the other colors. Seeing a color on the internet can be a hit or miss and this is why I have not purchased any of these brands. If you have used any of these brands and have a favorite color please leave me a comment below. I do know Miss Mustard seed's and Le Craie Maison Blanche wax are amazing. They are soft and buttery and leaves your pieces feeling smooth.  

Hugs,

Vanessa

8 comments:

  1. Great work, you are a PRO at distressing! it is not the paint, it is YOU who does such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful!!!
    Grey and white are my biggest sellers - such a gorgeous combination :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vanessa. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog and the post on it "Turn your Ordinary in to extra ordinary". Looking at the pictures it is indeed a great work. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai. My name is Diwakar Wankhede and my email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com. Rest of the things about our ministry I will be writing through email id which you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vanessa. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog and the post on it "Turn your Ordinary in to extra ordinary". Looking at the pictures it is indeed a great work. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai. My name is Diwakar Wankhede and my email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com. Rest of the things about our ministry I will be writing through email id which you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinned this project (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/95983035781788362/). We bought my husband's paternal grandparents' home and there is a lot of furniture in it that needs ... shall we say, updating? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, with the perfect amount of distressing!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.